Pre-Diploma in Hotel Management (Apprenticeship Programme)
These are the smart way to gain qualifications and earn while you learn. You get work experience, a paid job and promotion possibilities from day one.
The apprenticeship standards have been developed for all sectors of the hospitality industry. They form progressive career pathways, incorporating the knowledge, skills and behaviours employers have defined for today’s industry.
This programme is designed to produce entry level human resources in the field of Hotel Management. The graduates will be equipped with required knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of technicians to meet the demand of the global hospitality industry.
First 15 weeks classes are conducted in the school. After completing the 15 weeks classes in the school, students are placed in hospitality industries for 78 weeks for real practice and bringing them in the school for 1 day a week, where they will get some theoretical and practical exposure. At the end of 78 weeks industrial practice students are bring in training institution for revision and exam preparation for 4 weeks as block release.
The main objective of this program is to produce human resource that will be able;
- To manage and/or operate small scale hotel/lodge/restaurant.
- To get employment in the hospitality industries within the country and abroad.
- To perform required skills for major 4 departments in hotel including; Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments.
- To understand the hospitality communicative language required for hospitality industries.
Hospitality Communicative English
Introductory Tourism and Hospitality
Food and Beverage Service & Operations
Food Production and Patisseries
Front Office Operations
Occupational Health, Safety and Hygiene
78 weeks Industry Based Training (Hands on Practice)
Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program:
- SEE with any grade and any GPA (Since 2072 SLC).
- SLC appeared (Before 2072 SLC).
- Nepali citizen above 16 years of age.
- Pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT.
- Candidates will be selected on the merit basis of entrance examination.
- Selected merit candidates will be interviewed jointly by industries and training institute.
- Candidates should pass the interview.
- Should be mentally & physically fit for training course.
The group size of this program will be not more than 40.
As per CTEVT Norms
Medium of instruction shall be in English and Nepali.
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4 (technical) in the government related organizations or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission of Nepal or the concerned authorities (hospitality industries) of the Republic of Nepal.
Our Industry Partners